BookTubeAThon Wrap-Up! Video
Lorde - Tennis Court (Diplo’s Andre Agassi Remix)
so this is really catchy?!
- 11 books read = 3295 pages (!!!)
Going to film a wrap-up video for YouTube, but here’s a little run-down, including what challenges i crossed off:
- Split Second by Kasie West
- The Legend Trilogy (Legend, Prodigy, Champion) by Marie Lu - start and finished a series. (!!!)
- Earth 2 (Volume 1: The Gathering), World’s Finest: Huntress and Power Girl (Volume 1: The Lost Daughters of Earth 2), Batwoman (Volume 3: World’s Finest), Justice League Dark (Volume 2: The Books of Magic) - read a book with pictures. (i got that shit covered.)
- Wolf Children: Ame & Yuki (written by Mamoru Hosoda, illustrated by Yu) - read a book that someone else has picked out for you AND read the book and watch the movie!
- And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie - read a book that someone else has picked out for you AND read a book from the genre you’ve read least this year (mystery).
- Siege & Storm by Leigh Bardugo - read a book with red on the cover.
- read 7 books or 2100 pages - uh. yeah. i did that thing.
it was a good week guys.
Book-Tube-A-Thon Check-In DAY 7
no update for yesterday because i was at work most of the day and only read a hundred pages more of SIEGE & STORM. (also watched the movie version of WOLF CHILDREN :D)
got back into things today and read a bunch of short stories by Leigh Bardugo, and eventually finished the second book of the Grisha trilogy. it was fantastic, now i gotta get my hands on the third!
also caught up on a few more DC NEW 52 graphic novels, just to mix things up a bit and scratch another title off my TBR.
- SIEGE & STORM by Leigh Bardugo - read 192 pages - finished it!
- “The Witch of Duva”, “The Tailor”, “The Too-Clever Fox” and “Little Knife” by Leigh Bardugo - 125 pages
- BATWOMAN (Volume 3: World’s Finest) - 168 pages - finished it!
- JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK (Volume 2: The Books of Magic) - 224 pages - finished it!
- 599 (total pages today) / 3295 (total pages so far) / eleven books read!
Book-Tube-A-Thon Check-In DAY 5
today was kind of hard, guys. i had a serious book hangover from finishing the Legend trilogy. but i still soldiered on - got a few more books to read to complete the challenges!
started SIEGE & STORM and the first 100 pages alone have been a wild ride with much screeching from me! i’m looking forward to finishing off the BookTubeAThon with this book - but let’s face it, i’ll probably finish it by tomorrow XD
also started and finished AND THEN THERE WERE NONE, which is my new book for the “read a book from the genre you’ve read the least this year” challenge, and was also picked out for me by my friend Rae. blazed thru this one, the suspense and mystery were so interesting that i couldn’t help myself, i had to know whodunnit!
- “Life Before Legend” by Marie Lu - read 41 pages
- “Warm Up” by V.E. Schwab - read 15 pages
- SIEGE & STORM by Leigh Bardugo - read 106 pages
- AND THEN THERE WERE NONE by Agatha Christie - read 275 pages - finished it!
- 437 (total pages today) / 2563 (total pages so far) / eight books read!
Book-Tube-A-Thon Check-In DAY 4
guys. days off are the best guys. i got so much reading done today, including finishing the LEGEND trilogy, which was a little emotional, not gonna lie. CHAMPION had a lot of twists and turns and i wasn’t sure how things were going to end until the very last chapter - and i was very okay with the ending. it was happy in its own way.
i couldn’t read over 300 pages of CHAMPION in one go, however; i broke up the day and read a bunch of graphic novels, including one picked out for me by my friend Aki; WOLF CHILDREN: AME & YUKI, which is a 3-in-1 volume, and took me less than an hour to read. oops. this book also counts as a book-to-movie (or rather a movie-to-book) adaptation (i’m running with it), so looks like i’ll be fufilling that challenge after all!
tomorrow’s goals: start AND THEN THERE WERE NONE (another recommended book) and SIEGE & STORM. also to-be-read: “Life Before Legend” and any other graphic novels that catch my eye ;)
- CHAMPION by Marie Lu - read 332 pages - finished it!
- EARTH 2 (Volume 1: The Gathering) - read 118 pages - finished it!
- WORLD’S FINEST (Volume 1: The Lost Daughters of Earth 2) - read 144 pages - finished it!
- WOLF CHILDREN: AME & YUKI - read 528 pages - finished it!
- 1122 (total pages today) / 2126 (total pages so far) / 7 books read!
Book-Tube-A-Thon Check-In DAY 3
busy day! read another forty or so pages of PRODIGY after midnight before i had to get some sleep, then finished it off when i got up. squeaked in thirty pages of CHAMPION before i had to head to work. this trilogy is so good; while i was able to figure out some plot twists on my own, i never know what to expect next, and this last book is going to be a wild ride, i’m sure!
picked up EARTH 2 Volume 1 after work when i got to my boyfriend, but we had a late dinner and watched Return of the Joker and called it an early night.
i’ll be knuckling down for the next two days, i promise, because i finally have some time off! (goals for tomorrow: finish CHAMPION??? / read WOLF CHILDREN and some other graphic novels.)
- PRODIGY by Marie Lu - read 141 pages - finished it!
- CHAMPION by Marie Lu - read 36 pages
- EARTH 2 (Volume 1: The Gathering) - read 42 pages
- 219 (total pages today) / 1004 (total pages so far) / three books read!
Y’know, if you haven’t listened to this song yet? Your life just isn’t that complete…
OH MY GOD.
Book-Tube-A-Thon Check-In DAY 2
had to get up early for work for a 7hr shift; i didn’t sleep well last night so i was out of it for most of the day.
got some reading in on my breaks, but i had to wait until i got home to really dive into the rest of LEGEND and finish it off. (cups of tea are your friend.) it was AWESOME, btw.
picked up PRODIGY after dinner and i’m racing thru that—so much drama!! assassination plots! (that may or may not happen.) and love triangles! (that aren’t (that) annoying!)
still super tired, but i might power thru the rest of PRODIGY before i crash. i gotta know what happens!!
goals for tomorrow: finish PRODIGY / start CHAMPION. (and possibly get thru WOLF CHILDREN.)
- LEGEND by Marie Lu - read 205 pages - finished it!
- PRODIGY by Marie Lu - read 230 pages
- 435 (total today) / 785 (total so far) / two books read!